I love growing marijuana and to get best buds, I read different marijuana grow books, talk with other marijuana grower and most importantly watch growing videos. Sometimes for marijuana growing, I count for the hydroponic store advice as well. But there are times when the store owners give us bad information that can ruin your marijuana growth cycle. We all have sometime come across stores that convince us to buy different brands for which we never demanded. There are times, when my store tried to sell me a specific brand fertilizer that had spoiled my marijuana plant. Is that something really good they want to sell or there is some hidden benefits of the store owners. Let’s find out here.
After visiting different hydroponic stores, I have found out some hidden realities that every marijuana grower should be aware of. Few stores have particular agreements with prominent hydroponic producers to sell off their brands to consumers. Through this, many store owners get financial inducement to push specific brand over other. Most stores owners mostly focused on earning profits rather than selling good products. Some hydroponic producers put sales quotas for different stores. They provide store owner with specific kickbacks, refund and erstwhile rewards. Due to such financial benefits, the stores request their customers to buy products which give them higher returns. That’s quite standard practice of most hydroponic retailer.
Tips and Strategy:
Here are tips and tactics for marijuana grower looking for fair hydroponic store advice
- Try to spend time in hydroponic store and observe what method they are following for selling products to growers. There are times when you see store employee routing costumers with specific brands and chanting its benefits.
- Politely ask the store owners if they receive any kickbacks or refund while selling specific brand or promoting products.
- Try to get specific knowledge about the product that store owner recommends you. This will help you get more knowledge or know the honesty of the adviser.
- Check out the store’s exchange or refund policy, mainly for buying marijuana growing goods. If the store owner is confident of selling or recommending of something great products, ask him to offer you an instant refund if the product that does not work well. If he deny offering you with the refund or exchange policy, than there is something hidden. Avoid buying such products.
- If you’re trying new products for the first time, buy the smallest containers. Use that products on marijuana plants and pay close attention. Observe and see whether the product is producing bad or good results effect on your marijuana plant. You can also ask for free sample before buying the new products.
- You can visit various hydroponic stores and ask similar questions. Do research on products recommended by most store owners and talk with your grow friends before you purchase the product.
- Follow the hydroponics store company websites. If the company gives you a professional website which speaks to their consumers as a marijuana cultivator and gives tons of marijuana growing information, that product or company gets extra credits.
Almost any houseplant can be grown by changing the environment per the plant’s needs. Hydroponic plants grow very well under monitored conditions. Houseplant care is something you need to practice and master in due time. With hydroponic gardening you can grow not only vegetables and fruits but aesthetic plants as well. Here are certain tips you can follow to get grow exotic plants.
You will find that many of the weeds and wild plants are in fact very useful in day to day life. For example Dandelion flowers can be made into a delicious jam and the sap in the stem is an effective treatment for warts and veruccas. Also the young leaves can be used in salads. They are an excellent source of vitamin C. Houseplant care of Dandelion includes proper watering and provision of light to the plants. Properly prune the plants to have them grow healthily. Similarly, Bramble (or blackberry) leaf tea has long been recognised as a helpful tonic and aid to digestive disorders. Blackberries make excellent hydroponic plants. You can use hydroponic nutrients and organic fertilizers from Advanced Nutrients to grow blackberries.
Asparagus is an excellent houseplant and responds well to hydroponic growing. When there are very few vegetable available in early spring, Asparagus is a great option. It is a perennial plant and if maintained well it lasts for years. It needs only a layer of seaweed or sand added every autumn to keep it growing healthily. If you grow asparagus from seeds, you will need to wait at least for three years to get your first harvest.
Also another perennial, blackcurrant, is famous amongst hydroponic growers worldwide. Blackcurrant is useful in making jams, jellies, and juices. Also many alcoholic products contain fermented blackcurrants. Blackcurrant leaf is used for its vitamin and mineral content.
Herbs and spices:
Herbs like parsley and mint are grown as houseplants since many centuries. Parsley is mostly used in garnishing. It has high mounts of iron and vitamins and thus is considered as one of the most nutritious herbs. Parsley freshens breath and thus is added to garlic breads. Mint is useful in both medicinal as well as culinary purposes. Since a long time, in Ayurveda, mint is used to treat digestive disorders. Also, mint is used to spice up gravies and soups.
Houseplant cares is all about growing your own magical, green, and fresh herbs and attend after them.
Plants grow well in a wide range of hydroponic nutrients. Plant nutrients used in advanced hydroponics are dissolved in the water and are mostly in inorganic and ionic form. They contain cations (positively charged ions) like Mg2+, Ca2+, and K2+ whereas anions (negatively charged ions) present are So4–, No3-, and H2PO4-. These charged ions provide equilibrium to the solution and help in better growth of plants.
In indoor gardening, plants can be grown in hydroponic nutrient solution in water or any other inert medium such as coco coir or rockwool or perlite. Organic nutrients help in healthier growth of plants. These nutrients are specially formulated to meet all your plants’ needs. Another advantage is that most of the nutrients must be dissolved in water and then supplied to the plant. Some hydroponic nutrients help in overall growth of plants while others are focused on specific parts such as fruits, flowers etc.
Let’s have a look at some for the best suited nutrient solutions for indoor gardening:
- Bloom Boosting Nutrient Solutions: In advanced hydroponics, growers concentrate on their final product which is often either fruit (tomato, apple, strawberries etc) or flowers (lilies, roses etc). These parts of the plant require extra nutrients for healthy growth. Bloom boosters are completely organic and promote intense growth of the vegetation zones of plants. Nitrogen is the main nutrient supplied by these solutions, as well as limited amounts of other micro-nutrients
- High Impact Hydroponic Nutrients: These nutrient solutions are often used in drip irrigation system of hydroponic indoor gardening. High impact nutrient solutions have macronutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. These nutrients along with calcium, sulfur and magnesium are required in doses to help the plants develop firm cell walls, fight off disease and infection, and give the plant enough energy to mature into a bloom or fruit. Another advantage of these solutions is the ability to test the pH of the solution when mixed with water on the basis of color.
- Inorganic Nutrient Solution: Many hydroponic growers prefer inorganic nutrient solutions because organic nutrients require some time to decompose before they can impart their nutrients to plants. This changes the amount of nutrients being fed to a plant during feeding, since decomposition of the material happens at variable rates. Inorganic chemical compounds such as dietary minerals, water, and oxygen form these nutrient solutions and help in flourishing growth of indoor plants.
Remember that the right type and amount of nutrient solution along with the best medium, appropriate lights and controlled atmosphere inside the grow room will help you get the best yield.
Growing vegetables in your own garden is a fun-filled experience. With the help of hydroponic vegetable gardening you can grow a wide range of vegetables like tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, cucumber, cabbage etc and not worry about outdoor temperatures and pests that damage plants. Here are some tips you can follow for easy vegetable gardening:
Decide which vegetables you wish to grow with indoor gardening. Once you decide upon your choice of vegetables, get plant cuttings or seeds of those vegetables from local nursery or gardener friends of yours. If you buy soil-grown seedlings, then select the ones that are 2 to 3 inches in height with at least one set of true leaves. Rinsing the soil off the root system allows you to plant soil-grown seedlings into hydroponics medium. You can use nutrient media like coco coir, sand, vermiculate, perlite or peat to grow culinary plants.
Hydroponic vegetable gardening can be practiced with various systems. Beginners will find deep water or ebb and flow system easy and helpful. Another famous system for home gardening is wick system. In wick system, cotton or nylon wicks are suspended from growing tray into the nutrient medium and because of capillary action of wicks; nutrient solution is carried to the plant roots. Deep water culture (DWC) is a hydroponic method of plant production by means of suspending the plant roots in a solution of nutrient rich, oxygenated water. In ebb and flow system, containers are filled with an inert medium which does not function like soil or contribute nutrition to the plants but which anchors the roots and functions as a temporary reserve of water and solvent mineral nutrients. The hydroponic solution alternately floods the system and is allowed to ebb away.
Next step in hydroponic gardening is to choose grow lights. Remember that vegetables do not require harsh light. They grow well under light from compact fluorescent lamps. CFL bulbs are energy efficient full spectrum gas discharge source of light. You can induce your harvest by cutting back on time the time that your lights are on.
Keep checking pH of the nutrient media and water as vegetables do not like too acidic or too alkaline medium. Maintain pH in the range of 6 to 6.5. Adjust the pH by adding phosphoric acid or potassium hydroxide, depending on the current pH.
Make sure that the area in which you are growing vegetables is not too moist because otherwise there is a threat of fungal infestation. Keep an eye for signs of the diseases and insects that typically affect the type of vegetables you have planted. In case you find any pest attack, it is advisable to get rid of that particular plant. However, if the attack is on a larger scale, you can use organic pesticides like Neem oil and soap water.
By following above mentioned tips, you can grow your own fresh, nutritious, and healthy vegetables without having to worry about chemical pesticide infested market vegetables and their ever-increasing prices.
As a grower, you might busy making preparations for your Thanksgiving weekend leaving aside your gardening tools. So are you confused by the title of this article? Many of you might be wondering how gardening and thanksgiving go hand-in-hand? Well, with the help of indoor hydroponics and outdoor gardening, you can get many ideas for thanksgiving decoration. In fact, you can cultivate your garden in accordance to this festival and call it thanksgiving gardening!
To begin with decoration, first of all list down the elements you will be using. You can use fallen leaves, gourds, pine cones, and tree twigs. Also, flowers like roses, daisies and lilies look good on thanksgiving table. Not to forget, an aesthetic cactus plant with delicate flowers is a must for thanksgiving gardening. With the help of indoor hydroponics, you can cultivate floral plants and decorate the table with various combinations. For example, pairing orange roses with red ones will give a colorful appearance to the centerpiece. Sunflowers are also excellent choice for decoration because of their bright and lively yellow colored petals. You can grow sunflowers indoors in LED lights; however, outdoor gardening is a better choice to cultivate sunflowers. You can put fist sized pumpkins around flowers to make the centerpiece even more impressive.
To grow Thanksgiving cactus with hydroponic gardening, you need to fill a small growing container with one part nutrient media and one part fine-grade fir bark. Add just enough water to moisten the media and place the container in a location that receives bright, indirect sunlight. Once the plant begins to show signs of growth, move it to a very dark location for 12 to 14 hours a day so that it develops flower buds. Remove the Thanksgiving cactus from the dark location once flower buds begin to develop. As this plant does not have typical cactus spines, it is great ornamentation for thanksgiving.
Another way to give your thanksgiving décor a natural look is to bring autumn home! Make use of all the fall foliage from your outdoor garden. Place a few shorter sticks that are adorned with colored leaves into small vases or construct one large centerpiece with a longer branch and a vase with a longer neck. You can also use dried flower petals to spread across the table. Branches of berries will add more color to the table as well.
This autumn, let your indoor and outdoor gardens help you decorate for Thanksgiving! With little creativity and an eye for ornamentation, you can surprise your family and friends with all-natural Thanksgiving ambience.
The world today is in terror of global warming which refers to the phenomenon of rising average temperature of Earth’s atmosphere and oceans and its projected continuation. The major cause for global warming is accumulation of greenhouse gases in the environment. The greenhouse effect is the process by which absorption and emission of infrared radiation by gases in the atmosphere warm the planet’s lower atmosphere and surface. Deforestation to acquire more land for farming, soil erosion and increase in barren lands, and industrialization all are causes of global warming. Many researchers believe that though global warming cannot be entirely curbed, we can certainly reduce it with help of
Hydroponics is a technique in which plants are grown in a nutrient media without using any soil. Hydroponic system can be set up practically anywhere- inside house, in the backyard, in malls, vertically up a building, and even in a broken fish tank! Thus hydroponic growing does not depend on acres of land to get higher yield unlike traditional farming. Hydroponic greenhouses are usually located close to the urban centers which they supply with food, so the need for trucking produce hundreds of miles from warm areas to cold regions is eliminated, reducing the need to burn fossil fuels.
Advanced hydroponics can help in maintaining greenery in areas which have nutrient depleted soil and scarcity of water. With hydroponics, there is a little wastage of food because there is no long chain involved of transporting food from farm to fork. Fruits and vegetables can be grown inside malls and shopping centers and can be sold right there. Thus with lesser transpiration, the threat of air pollution gets minimized too. In organic hydroponics, there is absolutely no use of harmful chemical fertilizers and pesticides. This avoids accumulation of these harmful chemicals in the bio-system.
Plants are grown in a very controlled environment in hydroponics. Amount of light reaching the plants, pH and humidity level, water consumed, and nutrients provided all these factors can be monitored by growers. Thus there is no threat of salinization of water, accumulation of carbon dioxide in environment or wastage of water. With climatic shifts getting more and more drastic endangering not just the plants world but the existence of entire world, we need to look for alternative, eco-friendly ways of producing food. Hydroponics is the answer to this issue and with the help of hydroponic technology, we can definitely save the world from global warming.
Agriculture industry is witnessing the need for change because of manifold issues like shortage of land, scarcity of water and labor issues. This need is for a technique which can produce maximum yield in minimal land, with less water, and lesser hassles. The answer to all these issues lies in one word- Hydroponics. Hydroponics is a method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions, in water, without soil. Terrestrial plants may be grown with their roots in the mineral nutrient solution only or in an inert medium, such as perlite, gravel, mineral wool, or coconut husk. By studying and applying the techniques of advanced hydroponics, one can get flourishing, green vegetables and fruits in their own grow room.
Hydroponic gardening can be done in open spaces, orchards, grow rooms or even by using small objects like plastic trays, unused fish tanks and old barrels. You can use mediums like perlite, vermiculite, Rockwool, coconut coir, clay pellets, peat moss, sand, and even small pebbles. These media allow water and air flow to the roots of plants. Advanced hydroponics is practiced using many different systems. Some of the most preferred hydroponic systems in hydroponic growing gardening are:
Ebb and Flow system: This system is based on flood and drain technique. An air pump is used to flood the root zone of plants with water and organic hydroponic nutrients and with the help of air stone; you can create air bubbles and provide oxygen to the plants. Then water and nutrients is drained out of the root zone of plants. This pattern is repeated at regular intervals.
Wick system: This is one of the cheapest hydroponic growing systems. All you have to do is, take a cotton or nylon wick and place it in such a way that its one end is in contact with roots of the plants while the other one is dangling in the nutrient solution. With the capillary action of wicks, nutrients will reach roots of the plants.
Drip Irrigation System: This system works in the same way as ebb and flow system, however, in this system you can control levels of water and nutrients reaching plants roots and also you can decide the time for which roots are exposed to nutrients with the help of a timer.
Aeroponics: This is one of the most advanced hydroponics system. In this method, plants are grown in air or mist environment.
Many countries are encouraging research in the field of hydroponics as it is definitely the future of agricultural industry. However, as any technology, hydroponics too has its merits and demerits.
If you are a smart gardener who is willing to save some seeds picked up from your garden plants or from left over seeds you bought from the market, you are definitely not going at loss. If you want to vary the kind of plants you grow, you can borrow some extra seeds from your friends or you can seed trade for new varieties with other gardeners.Search gardening news for seed trading.
If you are fond of gardening, then hydroponics should be an interesting concept for you. It’s the latest enthusiasm among growers worldwide. In this technique of growing plants, water and mineral nutrients are provided directly to the plants without the use of soil. In traditional soil-growing method, plants wholly rely on the weather conditions for proper growth, but in hydroponics you can grow different species of plants during any season or weather conditions.
Chances are if you’re reading this, you’re already a hydroponics grower with some experience under your belt. You’re familiar with the vast terrain of hydroponic supplies to some extent and have experimented with different kinds of hydroponic supplies. You know the huge benefits of growing hydroponically and your cash registers are jingling with profit. Or the prospect of profit!
Listed below are few tips on what you should consider while buying hydroponics supplies:
- Basic hydroponics: As a beginner it’s advisable to use a simple hydroponics gardening kit. This will help you to understand what exactly hydroponics is. With this you’ll understand that hydroponics is all about directly providing nutrients with water for quick growth.
- Growing medium: It’s very important that you use a suitable growing medium in your hydroponics garden. The variety of growing medium includes: sand, gravel, peat, rock wool, vermiculite, coco coir etc. The growing medium you choose helps easy delivery of nutrients to the roots of your plants.
- Nutrient solution: There are many pre-mixed ready made hydroponics nutrients solution that you can purchase from the market also you can prepare a nutrient formula on your own. Ideally you’ll need 2-3 teaspoons per gallon of water.
- pH testing kit: Hydroponics to a very large extent depends on the pH level of your nutrient solution. Inappropriate pH level of your nutrient solution can lead to slow absorption of nutrients. Therefore, maintaining proper nutrient level is very essential for sufficient feeding.
Because you are in love with hydroponics yourself, for the genius of its technique and for the profits it brings you, you are less likely to select hydroponic supplies without knowing the benefits they translate into for crops. You will be able to advise your customers about their choice of hydroponic supplies from personal experience.
The first thing you could do is figure out how the hydroponic supply chain in your area works. Talk to the people at the store you frequent and see how they source hydroponic supplies and liaise with product manufacturers.
If hydroponic supply is your thing, start-up costs could be substantial. We suggest you invest your profits from hydroponics in your hydroponic supply enterprise instead of letting it lie in the bank, earning negligible amounts of interest. Channeling your profits into a hydroponic supply store is sure to ensure great profits for those who approach the business with a yen for learning more than they already know and the desire to give customers access to the best of hydroponic supplies.
With space and cultivable land becoming a constraint, especially in urban and semi-urban areas, hydroponics, a soilless method of growing plants is fast gaining prominence. This convenient and simple eco-friendly technique for gardening uses water and nutrient solution in place of soil for your plants’ growth. Hydroponics helps you to:
- Increase yield
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Grow healthier and aromatic fruits, flowers and vegetables
In the world of hydroponics it is extremely important to select the correct equipment while setting up your hydroponic system. Also ensure that you take care of the following:
- Grow Lights: Grow lights stimulate photosynthesis and are the most important hydroponic equipment in your grow room. It is pertinent that you choose the grow lights based on the plants’ requirements.
- Pump: Basically there are two types of pumps available in the market – submersible and non-submersible. You should select depending on the kind of output you expect from the pump.
- Growing Medium: Hydroponic involves use of various kinds of growing medium like coco coir, rockwool, etal. To choose the correct growing medium for your plant is essential for the success of your garden. Aeroponics and NFT systems use air as a growing medium. With an exception of these two systems, all other major hydroponics system will require a growing medium. While selecting a growing medium, ensure that you check the moisture retention and air retention capacity of the medium.
- Quality Hydroponic Nutrients: The nutrients that are widely available in your neighborhood stores might not be the best choice for your hydroponic plants as it lacks some of the essential micro and macro nutrients required by your plant. Try and purchase nutrients that are meant to be used for hydroponic gardens.
- pH test kit: To have a healthy hydroponic garden, it is imperative that you maintain a proper pH balance. The best way to do this is to regularly check the pH balance of your nutrient solution.