How To Design A Simple Hydroponics Grow Room?
Post Page Rank
Hydroponics is a simple way of growing plants without using soil. Basically plants don’t need soil for growth but they need the nutrients present in the soil to grow faster. Almost any plant can be grown hydroponically, but plants like cucumber and beans are ideal and grow best using hydroponics. Hydroponic plants, if grown in large quantities, are generally grown in enclosed and climate regulated environment called hydroponics grow rooms.
Hydroponics grow room is basically an enclosed space that creates the best growing environment for the plants to grow without stress. This is the place where your hydroponic plants are to be placed. It provides safe and healthy growing atmosphere to the plants right from the beginning of the growth cycle. You can either purchase a ready-made hydroponics grow room from the market or you can make a customized one. With different types of tool and techniques available at home you can build your own hydroponics grow room.
You can easily build your own personalized hydroponics grow room based on your growing needs. However, keep the following in mind:
- Remove carpet from the grow room, because carpet can easily trap moisture and hydroponics generates a great deal of moisture. Moisture facilitates pests and pathogens to breed faster.
- Take poster boards and cut them into sheets in size larger than the windows of your grow room.
- Tape these poster boards over the window except one to allow light to travel during the late hours.
- Leave the uncovered window open and fix a fan. Now cover the same window with poster board with distracting the fan.
- Place a ducting in such position that one end is glued to the case of the fan and the other end is attached near the ceiling. This will help to expel excess heat in the grow room.
- It’s advisable to remove the door and cover the corner of the doorjamb with the blanket. Blanket will protect your room form light during the day and will now allow light to travel outside during the night time. It will also help suck in the cooler air to calm down the grow room.
- For lighting you can use 600 watt sodium grow lights with distance of 5 feet between every grow light.
- Place your hydroponics system right below the grow lights to get best results.
- Adjust the temperature to 75F at day time and 60F at night. This temperature is ideal for warm season crops. And, for cool season crops ideal temperature is 60F during the day and 50F during the night.