Tips to Setup Indoor Garden with Hydroponics Supplies
Post Page Rank
With space and cultivable land becoming a constraint, especially in urban and semi-urban areas, hydroponics, a soilless method of growing plants is fast gaining prominence. This convenient and simple eco-friendly technique for gardening uses water and nutrient solution in place of soil for your plants’ growth. Hydroponics helps you to:
- Increase yield
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Grow healthier and aromatic fruits, flowers and vegetables
In the world of hydroponics it is extremely important to select the correct equipment while setting up your hydroponic system. Also ensure that you take care of the following:
- Grow Lights: Grow lights stimulate photosynthesis and are the most important hydroponic equipment in your grow room. It is pertinent that you choose the grow lights based on the plants’ requirements.
- Pump: Basically there are two types of pumps available in the market – submersible and non-submersible. You should select depending on the kind of output you expect from the pump.
- Growing Medium: Hydroponic involves use of various kinds of growing medium like coco coir, rockwool, etal. To choose the correct growing medium for your plant is essential for the success of your garden. Aeroponics and NFT systems use air as a growing medium. With an exception of these two systems, all other major hydroponics system will require a growing medium. While selecting a growing medium, ensure that you check the moisture retention and air retention capacity of the medium.
- Quality Hydroponic Nutrients: The nutrients that are widely available in your neighborhood stores might not be the best choice for your hydroponic plants as it lacks some of the essential micro and macro nutrients required by your plant. Try and purchase nutrients that are meant to be used for hydroponic gardens.
- pH test kit: To have a healthy hydroponic garden, it is imperative that you maintain a proper pH balance. The best way to do this is to regularly check the pH balance of your nutrient solution.